Thursday, September 18, 2008

eat your heart out AFRICA

turns out i am not diseased. i went to the emergency room wednesday afternoon because all the doctors/dermatologists in the area decided to peace out when i needed them most. womp. but the medicenter was fine. the doctor didn't seem to interested in my (in my opinion) HORRIFIC rash and basically explained it was because i started eating meat again after being a vegetarian for so long.

i am not convinced.

so after a shot in the hiney and some prescription medication, i was on my way to hopefully a rashfree day. at least its not bed bugs, right? or some awkward disease that requires quarantining/deportation/etc. lets look at the bright side kids!

i'll let it be known that my new "lets have fun" policy is already off to a fabulous start. wednesday night rachel, cameron, and i spent a few hours trying to plan small trips for our upcoming free weekends. they are sure to include lots of hiking, wildlife hunting(imean seeking), picture taking, and adventures! there may or may not be snuggling with cheetahs involved, i will keep you posted. ;) then we laid out under the stars in the backyard and wished the windhoek city lights weren't so bright themselves. i am still a firm believer that the stars shine brightest at camp pendalouan, but am told when we do our rural homestay in a few weeks that it will be unbelievable.

history class on thursday was pretty amazing, we got to meet with a man who created the OPO, the Ovambo People's Organization, which played a major role in the liberation movement of natives in Namibia. He was an old man, pretty much baller status, and could honestly tell me what he did on (insert any day ages ago), including the temperature, how much money he spent, and what day it was (and do not worry, he often did tell us). I can hardly remember what I did last Wednesday, let alone the Wednesday of 1994.

Fall break plans are coming along nicely, and it looks as if I will be tackling the great, majestic, "Smoke that Thunders," aka Victoria Falls- one of the 7 wonders of the world. I cannot be more excited!

As for home updates, Dad (aka the birthday boy come Saturday!) is still at the academy and is homesick after 2 weeks of being gone! How cute haha. Mom says her new aerobic classes are kicking her butt and that she's already tired of playing "Mrs. DeWitt" at the Buckley Homestead "Sleepy Hollow" plays. :) Grandma is doing okay, and just had her kitchen repainted! I am excited to see it at Christmas. Cameron and I officially ended things(for now) BUT its okay. And Max lost a whisker (does that constitute a wish?).

Note to self: eating ice cream in zoo park is a wonderful way to spend the afternoon, and time you enjoy wasting is in fact not time wasted.

God's peace!

2 comments:

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like this blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is not good.
A hug from Portugal

Kim said...

yes! I'm so glad you ate ice cream at zoo park, that makes me so happy

sorry about your crazy rash

I'll be e-mailing very soon